Central London with some opportunity for remote working. Frequent travel to client’s offices in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Due to an unprecedented period of company growth, we are currently looking for an outstanding New Business/Business Development Director to join the Profusion Family.
This is a crucial role within Profusion and a key role on the senior executive team. If you are successful you will have the opportunity to work with blue-chip clients on cutting-edge data science and marketing campaigns. Many of our clients are embarking on game-changing digital and data transformation projects that will fundamentally change how they operate. You will be in a pivotal position to help our clients and Profusion undertake these radical projects that have industry-wide impact.
You will have huge potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented and highly-skilled colleagues, and be able to exercise your creative and strategic thinking every day. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
As a New Business Director you will report to the Managing Director and be responsible for leading and closing new business activity. You will be able to demonstrate how you have engaged in the whole sales cycle from prospecting, securing client meetings, questioning and assessing client requirements, gathering and managing the internal teams to provide a succinct and challenging proposal, deal closing and the contracting process. You will lead client strategic direction across email, web, mobile and social channels. Working with our consultants, operations teams, data scientists, clients and client agencies, you will be pivotal to helping our clients exceed their business objectives, through the use of customer intelligence, multi-channel best practice, expertise and innovation.
You should have experience in digital and direct marketing and data insight across a number of channel disciplines and ideally verticals and an understanding of web and customer journey optimisation.
You are comfortable holding engaging discussions around the end to end customer journey, including; customer acquisition, retention and CRM campaigns, predictive analytics, data quality, database management and testing strategies.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Successfully winning new clients to agreed revenue targets
- Developing the new business strategy and building a new business pipeline
- Working with the senior executive team to help develop the corporate proposition and shape the future of Profusion
- Raising the profile of Profusion through industry events and networking
- Prospecting and developing strong partnerships with senior decision makers using a highly consultative and relationship building approach
- Using your strong questioning and listening skills to deeply understand client needs, spot opportunities and close deals
- Owning the relationship with your pipeline of potential clients
- Leading pitch teams and owning the pitch development process
- Working up to C-Suite to consult on client needs at a strategic level, for the individual and their organisation, building long term client value
- Developing client strategies to fulfil client needs and solve commercial challenges now and for the future
- Reporting on your sales pipeline and performance against targets
- Working with our Marketing and Communications team to support the new business pipeline through the building of case studies and thought leadership content
- Building and managing a new business team
Knowledge, skills and experience
You should have consultative new business experience gained in a digital marketing and consumer data insight environment and a deep understanding of omnichannel marketing & web and customer journey optimisation. You will have a passion for and knowledge of both data and digital transformation. In particular you will possess:
- A proven track record in New Business / Business Development with strong commercial acumen
- Well-honed new business skills and evidence of success in achieving stretch revenue targets
- A consultative, open approach, and experience in new business generation in digital marketing and data science / analytics
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to build a great rapport with clients
- Strong relationship building skills with clients at all levels
- Experience in working with client marketing departments and the ability to bring silo teams together to deliver on an integrated marketing approach
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud or other CRM systems
- Experience of navigating your way through large corporate structures to establish & nurture new client relationships
- An established network of key decision maker contacts in enterprise businesses – ideally across EMEA or globally
- Exceptionally strong communication, presentation, negotiation, writing and closing skills
- Ability to engage consultatively with clients at a senior level – providing support and advice beyond the purely technological level to answer the business challenges of the client
- Experience as New Business Director, Business Development Director or Sales Director within a digital agency, data consultancy or marketing agency with strong digital expertise
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams to deliver complex client business solutions
- Able to think both strategically and commercially
- Highly motivated, personable and engaging.
- Passion, resilience, integrity and tenacity
- Entrepreneurial – blending strategic, commercial, & technical
- Experience of successfully managing & mentoring a new business team
- Hungry to capitalise on the huge opportunities which currently exist in the digital space
- Excited by the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Profusion
- Experience of speaking at key industry events in a thought leadership capacity is desirable
It’s so important to do a job you love, with colleagues whose skills you respect and whose company you really enjoy. You also need to feel valued, recognised and rewarded. At Profusion we encourage and support our people to develop themselves, their ideas and their careers. Everyone here has a voice and everyone contributes. We’ve worked hard to build a team of brilliant people who share a passion for the transformative power of data, and who also appreciate:
- Highly competitive salary + OTE
- 25 days’ holiday
- Free health insurance with a subsidised gym membership
- A contributory pension scheme
- Friday team drinks and a year-round social calendar
- Interest free season ticket travel loan
- Flexible working practices
- Our Cycle to Work scheme
- A great Tech City office location, just 10 mins walk from Farringdon Station and moments away from Whitecross St food market
- Getting involved in the charity initiatives we support
- Professional development budget within a learning environment
If this sounds like you, and you’re confident you would be a very strong fit for this role, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Profusion is at the forefront of data driven digital marketing. We work with leading global companies including HSBC, Unilever, The Kingfisher Group and Coty from our London and Dubai offices.
Our work enables clients to run the most effective marketing campaigns and we do this by determining the best time to communicate with customers and how often, attribution modelling, ultra-personalised communications, breaking down data silos between marketing and sales, creating data lakes and single customer view. We are also playing a key role in the full range of data services and digital transformation for our clients across multiple industries – radically changing how they do business and improving the customer experience.
Profusion Family Values
Profusion is a close-knit family that defines itself by its values which cover how we work with each other, our clients and suppliers. The values are listed below and tell you what we will expect from you and what you can expect from us.
We are client focused – we put our clients at the heart of everything we do to provide a highly-responsive, creative and excellent service
We believe in excellence – everything we do is completed to the highest possible standard. From the expert advice we provide, to the work we deliver, we do not settle for second best, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of excellence
We are trusted – we are ethical, honest, straightforward and transparent in everything we do and we are proud to be a safe pair of hands
We are one team – we support, collaborate and have fun with each other and our clients to make Profusion an awesome place to work and progress
We are cutting-edge – we always think about innovative solutions to challenges by applying our knowledge of the latest technology and best practice to every situation
We are purposeful – we are a committed and ambitious company that aspires to constantly contribute to our colleagues, clients and society and not to simply make money