Dorchester Collection, a luxury hotel operator, had invested in a best in class eCRM system. They had been using Adobe Campaign for some time and weren’t driving value on all capabilities of the platform.
Their internal team were short on time and lacked experience on the platform. We worked collaboratively onsite to transfer knowledge, upskill and build their inhouse capabilities.
- While onsite we worked with their CRM team to execute campaign strategies based on business objectives and customer needs through onsite discovery workshops.
- Our certified Adobe Campaign experts worked with their team to implement the campaigns. This included the set up of trigger campaigns, automated journeys and reporting dashboards.
How we made it happen:
- Completing an in-depth discovery phase, including on-site discovery workshops to understand the client’s business, objectives, data systems, in-house teams and Adobe Campaign set-up.
- Scoping and delivery, including:
We worked closely with the client’s SQL and Adobe Campaign developers to learn about their data engineering and data architecture including schemas, links and input forms. We completed schema edits to make the data accessible and useable, and delivered bespoke training so that similar edits could be completed in-house without our assistance.
We made the categorised data from the data mart available in Adobe Campaign. This allowed our client to use these attributes to build queries in the system that would target customers based on previously determined segments and send out appropriate messaging that they had created.
Our Adobe Campaign expert studied the existing email campaign production process – including volume, frequency and range of current and aspirational campaigns. We also assessed the skills and experience of the client’s internal team.
Collaborating with the CRM manager and Adobe Campaign developer to understand the full requirements of the campaign, we advised on how to execute campaigns using advance workflow activities.
Planning and developing automated journeys
Then, we discussed email content with our client and the drivers that would trigger a set of emails to be sent to a customer – for example, did they sign up on the website or recently stay at a hotel? Together they decided to include five emails in the journey, with the frequency of one per week. They looked at suppression and exclusion rules that would exclude someone from receiving the client’s emails despite meeting the criteria – for instance, if a customer was included in the welcome journey, they would not be part of the BAU experience.
The next step was to build Adobe Campaign workflows to trigger these journeys, and as part of the monitoring process, implement alerts to guarantee the consistent delivery of emails. Our experts also proposed a way to offer social media content, such as recent tweets, within these communications.
The success of the project was supported by:
- Collaborating face-to-face with the client’s CRM manager, email marketing executive and data team. We assigned one of our Adobe Campaign certified experts as the go-to person throughout, bringing continuity, consistency and efficiency to the process
- Agile working, which cut out any bureaucratic processes and fed into quick response times
- Knowledge transfer and enablement. This was completed as part of the QA process during the latter stages of our work for the client. We discussed every project with the client’s internal team so they could learn to use the platform effectively themselves – including general troubleshooting and making set-up changes. For every proposed solution, our expert explained the rationale behind the approach and provided the suitable documentation.
Although we typically delivered all development work, during the QA phase we showcased the technical set-up to the client and gave some ad hoc training sessions where needed.
More client stories
Digitise your online customer journey
Student digital transformation
Create web application forms,
email journeys and campaign reporting
Design a customer retention strategy
Churn model & win-back
Know which customers are at
risk of churn before it’s too late
Target customers at the right time
Propensity to buy
Predict when your customer
is likely to purchase next
Time and day analysis
Best time to send?
Maximise engagement –
communicate with customers
at the ‘right’ time
Multi-channel marketing strategy
Single customer view
Multi-channel marketing strategy
to achieve real-time segmentation
Commercial critical insights
Business intelligence live insights
Make smart business decisions
based on real-time data-driven insights
Understand customer needs
Understand customer evolving needs
Natural language processing
Voice of the consumer
Analyse customer feedback from
reviews, texts, survey responses,
online & social media
Feed data into dashboard
Merge multiple data sources
Provide a powerful and unified
analytics environment for big data
Fostering product discovery
Product recommendation engine
Foster product discovery
through a recommendation engine