Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Central London with some opportunity for remote working.
We are a growing AI and marketing services company based in London (Old Street) and with team members spread across the globe. Our heritage spans 15 years’ of experience in data management, consumer behaviour and digital marketing. It is informed by the latest academic thinking through our university partnerships.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to set up our new Marketing and Communications function working across the business to help us drive new business leads through effective marketing campaigns, create first class marketing collateral, events, impactful comms, brand management and an engaging social media strategy. This role will be central to the organisation, driving delivery of our growth objectives by ensuring our Marketing activities promote our expertise and give Profusion a competitive edge.
Reporting to our newly appointed CEO, this is an amazing opportunity for an experienced marketer who’s looking to develop and deliver a fully integrated business to business marketing strategy. You must enjoy start-up environments, be capable of high levels of autonomy and have the ability to prioritise workload and your time to maximum effect – you will be a real self-starter and not afraid to roll up your sleeves!
We offer a high trust culture that provides flexibility, autonomy and a sense of contribution to all members of the Profusion Family. You will have huge potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented and highly-skilled colleagues, and be able to exercise your creative and strategic thinking every day. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
- Develop and manage the marketing plan and budget, establishing goals and objectives for all marketing activity, track results and report on completion with company management on a regular basis
- Work with business development/sales to develop lead generation marketing campaigns and programmes to accelerate business and market share growth
- Support the sales process with creative design and content for sales decks and presentations
- Create collateral including sales materials, brochures, digital assets, banners etc. and build on existing assets such as case studies and newsletters
- Manage the company’s website, blogs, SEO/SEM programs, and other marketing initiatives
- Conduct surveys as needed to determine position in the market and advance aggressive marketing plans targeted to addressing customer needs
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Ensure our brand message and positioning is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Develop and execute an engaging social media strategy which also builds our employer brand
- Stay abreast of current market conditions and trends and incorporate new innovations into company marketing plans
- Create and implement events strategy, identifying and recommending relevant industry events such as conferences, forums, breakfast briefings and other key networking events to profile Profusion’s services and products
- Pitch CEO and key members of Profusion staff for speaker opportunities where relevant
- Manage the delivery of our own client, partner and prospect events
- Support appropriate award entries to raise our profile and showcase Profusion’s working culture
- Support communications to our stakeholders and clients including e-newsletters, seasonal cards, letters etc.
- Produce annual reports, impact reports for our Foundation, white papers and research papers
- Write and promote a series of press releases with relevant press or trade journals, websites and social media
- Work with relevant external communications/PR partners and suppliers to support the marketing and communications plans
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Graduate calibre with a relevant marketing or communications qualification and outstanding written English skills
- Similar business to business marketing experience within either data science (desirable), digital technologies, email marketing or software industry. Experience can be either ageny, consultancy or in house
- Experience of developing lead generation marketing camapigns and driving new business leads
- Solid knowledge of web analytics, Google Adwords, SEO, PPC and social
- Demonstrable track record of creating an actionable go to market strategy and leading marketing campaigns to time and budget
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and support the CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Exemplary written copy for a wide range of audiences (this will be tested)
- Commercial acumen and strong negotiating skills
- Analytical, detail-orientated individual who can use data to influence sales pipelines and projects
- Experience of developing high quality communications, presentations and reports tailored to a variety of audiences
- Line management skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals with a coaching style
- Experience of working in a start-up environment and a pro-active working style
- Creative thinker with the ability to scope new ideas, challenge others and be challenged to drive innovative solutions.
- Any other ad hoc task and projects as required to meet the needs of the business.
It’s so important to do a job you love, with colleagues whose skills you respect and whose company you really enjoy. You also need to feel valued, recognised and rewarded. At Profusion we encourage and support our people to develop themselves, their ideas and their careers.
Everyone here has a voice and everyone contributes. We’ve worked hard to build a team of brilliant people who share a passion for the transformative power of data. We provide a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including:
- Annual salary £50 – £55k, depending on experience
- Discretionary bonuses and on the spot WOW Awards
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Personalised Professional Development
- Opportunities for volunteering and charitable work
- A brand new modern office environment
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and filtered water
- Pension contributions and financial advice
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Flexible working and wellbeing events
- Free health insurance and health cash plan with subsidised gym membership
- Friday team drinks, social events and a friendly ‘family feel’ culture
- A great Tech City office location, just 4 mins walk from Old Street Station
How to apply
If you’re confident you would be a very strong fit for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages outlining why you believe you would be ideal for the role, to email@example.com. The closing date is 24th September.
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date that will mean that you have not progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process on this occasion and we wish you every success for the future.
Basic Disclosure Check and References required, as part of our recruitment process.