Partnership Sales Manager
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Closing Date: 05/07/2020
Only full applications with a CV and accompanying cover letter will be considered.
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000, plus commission and comprehensive benefits (including private healthcare, discounted gym membership, unlimited paid annual leave, company trips, social events and much more)
Profusion is a leading customer and business analytics agency, who work with companies large and small to monetise their data. We specialise in data strategy, predictive modelling and email marketing, and provide a full suite of services for our clients ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns.
Partnerships sit at the heart of our commercial strategy, collaborating with other agencies, SAAS partners, and professional services firms to create mutually beneficial go to market strategies, and with Universities to better develop our services and bring the next generation of talent into the profession. We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team as Partnership Sales Manager to further develop our partnership strategy, identifying potential partnerships and building and develop relationships with these partners to support Profusion’s growth. We are looking for a dynamic relationship focused sales manager who enjoys start-up environments, loves people and is capable of high levels of autonomy.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City, in a role you can shape to be your own. Everyone in our team also has the opportunity to get involved in our exciting pro bono work through our philanthropic foundation Profusion Cares, where we use data for good and to make a social impact through our talented workforce.
- Work with the Head of Product and Partnerships to develop and deliver the Profusion partnerships strategy. Build relationships with potential strategic partners who will enable the Company to increase its reach and acquire new clients through partner networks.
- Work across the portfolio of existing Profusion partners to leverage and enhance relationships and up-sell the portfolio of services to acquire new clients through partner networks.
- Build and account manage strong relationships with partners, solve problems and be creative with new opportunities to approach the market together, ensure you fulfil the potential of partner relationships and bring new client accounts to Profusion.
- Develop a partner strategy for each partner that delivers engagement with all key stakeholders in the partner. Create networking opportunities, design and deliver engagement events and ensure clear, relevant and timely communications across the partner network, including joint communications with partners where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively across the Profusion business to draw on expertise to assess partners, create joined up thinking on propositions and routes to market, and ensure commitments to partners are delivered in a timely manner. Work closely with communications and marketing colleagues to support and amplify our partner relationships.
- Establish yourself as the subject matter expert in the partnerships for which you are responsible for and be the ‘go to’ person for all stakeholders and partners in the space. Educate the broader Profusion team on your partners to ensure effective delivery and maximise sales opportunities.
- Identify risks and opportunities from the existing network of partners and escalate accordingly to protect and maximise the business opportunities. Utilise senior management effectively to enhance partner relationships.
- Accurately record and monitor activity in the Salesforce CRM system and assess impact of the activities and relationships associated with all partnerships under your management.
- Develop MOUs with each of the partners, toolkits to support the sales process, and develop high quality written and verbal proposals to secure new business in collaboration with our partners.
- Project manage the delivery of each of the partner plans for the partners for which you are responsible, ensuring commitments are delivered on time and budget and targets are met.
- Work collaboratively across the business to support delivery of the commercial strategy.
- Maintain market awareness of emerging technologies that may bring competitive advantage to our clients or offer a new portfolio of clients and establish relationships at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide briefings and reports for the Head of Product & Partnerships, CEO and Board on activity and impact as required.
- Any other ad hoc responsibilities that might be reasonably required.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will combine strong commercial acumen with excellent stakeholder engagement skills and an ability to project manage to time and budget.
Knowledge & experience
- Strong background in relationship management/account management – able to build relationships at all levels and sell propositions to organisations.
- Track record of sales, in a digital or data environment, that have resulted in sustainable pipeline of revenue and targets being met or exceeded.
- Demonstrable ability to develop propositions to connect different initiatives to maximise benefit for the end user.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders and projects to time and budget, managing risk and maintaining high-quality service levels.
- Experience of developing high quality, successful sales pitches.
- Previous experience of and passion for working in a data, marketing and/or tech organisation.
- Experience of developing communications and marketing materials and campaigns would be an advantage.
- Experience of organising events would be an advantage.
Personal skills and competencies
- Strong collaboration skills and relationship management, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade a variety of stakeholders and encourage others to use new ways of working, including at senior levels.
- Solutions-orientated individual who can mobilise people to deliver results, with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to drive revenue through compelling and persuasive communications.
- Ability to project manage to time, budget and ensuring high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload and a large number of stakeholders, identifying and managing risk appropriately.
- Creative thinker with the ability to scope new ideas, challenge others and be challenged to drive innovative and collaborative solutions.
- A demonstrable passion for technology and data, and its application to products and marketing, able to work with external partners and able to communicate complex technical products in a simple and compelling way.
- Pragmatic and adaptable, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a rapidly scaling organisation.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role and feel your skills and experience are a good match and want to find out more then please do get in touch. Please ensure you email your CV with a full cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you are a strong match for the role and ensure you relate your skills and experience to the position we have in your cover letter to email@example.com
(Closing date for applications is the 5th July 2020)