Personal Assistant to the CEO
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum, plus benefits and discretionary bonus.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Personal Assistant to support our CEO. The post will provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level, to ensure the smooth management of her day to day affairs, and most effective use of her time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner and take initiative as appropriate especially in the CEO’s absence from the office.
This role is key to ensure the efficient and effective running of the CEO’s office and to provide a support structure that allows the CEO to maximise her time in the most productive and efficient way for the business.
You will need to be proactive and be able to work independently, to make decisions on things that need to be escalated and prioritised for the CEO. You will also need to have good people management skills, as the role will require you to communicate at all levels of the business internally and with senior external stakeholders on behalf of the CEO. The role will be a critical support mechanisms day to day in the business.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented and highly skilled colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Diary and inbox management, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements, including train and hotel bookings.
- Process CEO’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with appropriately
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them and escalate when appropriate
- Research and briefings on meetings, working with the broader team to ensure the CEO is briefed for all meetings, producing documents and presentations ass required.
- Ensure smooth running of the CEO’s office, following up with actions on matters which fall within the CEO’s responsibility and chasing responses.
- Support with agendas and minutes for meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers as required
- Support with events both hosted by Profusion and those with partners to support the CEO
- Maintain Director’s office systems, including data management, filing and expenses
- Manage the general mailbox to ensure all emails are passed to the relevant team member
- Meet and greet of guests and ensuring a great visitor experience
- Salesforce system management and update of key stakeholders and support on stakeholder comms
- General administrative assistance for the wider team as and when needed
- Ad hoc office management support as required.
Skills and experience
You should have experience working in a fast-paced environment in a high-level PA and administrative support role, with excellent people and customer service skills.
You need to be highly organised and have exemplary attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and have good judgement in prioritising workloads. You should demonstrate an understanding of business operations and have strong experience and skills with Microsoft office and specifically Outlook.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, confident working with individuals at all levels
- Customer service focus, with a can-do attitude
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and work independently
- Energetic and adaptable
- Collaborative and good at building relationships
- PA experience directly to C Suite or Director level
- Strong Administration background
- Experience of writing meeting briefs
- Private Sector experience is desirable
- Customer service is experience is desirable
It’s so important to do a job you love, with colleagues whose skills you respect and whose company you really enjoy. You also need to feel valued, recognised and rewarded. At Profusion we encourage and support our people to develop themselves, their ideas and their careers. Everyone here has a voice, and everyone contributes. We’ve worked hard to build a team of brilliant people who share a passion for the transformative power of data. We provide an attractive pay and benefits package, including:
- Annual salary £30k – £35k pa, depending on experience
- Discretionary bonuses and on the spot WOW Awards
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Personalised Professional Development
- Opportunities for volunteering and charitable work
- A brand new modern office environment
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and filtered water
- Pension contributions and financial advice
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Flexible working and wellbeing events
- Free health insurance and health cash plan with subsidised gym membership
- Friday team drinks, social events and a friendly ‘family feel’ culture
- A great Tech City office location, just 4 mins walk from Old Street Station.
How to apply
If you’re confident you would be a very strong fit for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you believe you would be ideal for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the high number of applications we normally receive it is not possible to answer everyone in person. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications is 14th October 2019.
Note: Basic Disclosure Check and References required, as part of our recruitment process.