Mid Weight Digital Designer
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
(Salary: £29,000 – £35,000 per annum, plus benefits and discretionary bonus.)
We are currently looking for an outstanding Mid Weight designer, with a strong mix of digital design skills, art direction and the ability to interpret the wider business needs. The post will be to drive the creative direction of internal branding and external campaigns. You’ll be working on an exciting range of projects including; design assets, functionality for webforms, email design, social media, client pitches, proposals, presentations, editorial newsletters and sales & marketing collateral.
As the Mid-Weight Digital Designer, you will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager. You will need a strong eye for detail, a desire to innovate and enjoy pushing the boundaries of design. You will need to be a team player and you will collaborate with the whole company in order to plan, create and execute the work from the design function.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented and highly skilled colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial and the Marketing and Communications Manager to support and take ownership of design projects.
- Create slick engaging designs for use across social campaigns, web design, email marketing, banner ads and presentations.
- Craft beautiful on-brand designs in all shapes, sizes and media
- Create digital wireframes for responsive webforms and websites across multiple devices
- Work closely with the wider team to create customer-centric user journeys and digital experiences across all digital touchpoints
- Deliver stunning digital concepts, client pitches and assets of the highest standard, while adhering to client brand guidelines
- Attend and support at client meetings to gather information to produce email creative design briefs that meet client campaign objectives and requirements
- Meet client briefs and expectations, ensuring their alignment with client objectives and consistency with brand values.
- Effectively communicate a creative rationale, with the ability to critique design choices
- Produce design layout visuals for email/digital campaigns
- Work additionally as part of a wider team of campaign managers and email developers
- Communicate with senior team members to get their input and form strong working relationships
- Contribute to the on-going education, and development of design across the business.
- Express a genuine interest in new emerging trends and implement these into your daily design work.
- Undertake continuous professional development in the form of online training, seminars, literature and training courses
- Occasionally work out of hours if the need of the business requires, this will be by exception.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You should have experience working in a fast-paced design environment in a mid-weight design role, you will need to be a conceptual thinker with outstanding visual design skills and a passion for the work you do.
You need to be highly creative have exemplary attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and have good judgement in prioritising workloads. You should demonstrate a proven track record in Adobe and other design software packages (Skitch, InVision, Zepplin) and have at least 3 years’ experience in commercial design.
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in Adobe design software (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop design)
- Experience of different digital design software including: Sketch, InVision/Marvel, Zepplin
- Experience of Microsoft products (Office 365, Powerpoint)
- A strong understanding of branding, typography, layout and presentation best practice for both digital and print design
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SEO from a design perspective
- Minimum 3 years commercial design experience working as a Digital Designer
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in a Marketing environment is highly desirable
- You will need to be a conceptual thinker with outstanding visual design skills.
- Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong skills and experience using Sketch, InVision, XD
- A passion for animation/interactive design would be a plus!
- Strong social media skills
- Ability to lead projects from inception to production
- Can confidently take a creative brief from concept to delivery
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and stay organised in a busy work environment
- Good written and verbal communication
- Flexible, with a can-do attitude, motivated to work and learn
- Unphased when the pressure is on and adaptable when priorities change
- Input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
If you match the criteria above, we would love to hear from you with a link to a strong portfolio demonstrating clear design thinking and problem solving.
It’s so important to do a job you love, with colleagues whose skills you respect and whose company you really enjoy. You also need to feel valued, recognised and rewarded. At Profusion we encourage and support our people to develop themselves, their ideas and their careers. Everyone here has a voice, and everyone contributes. We’ve worked hard to build a team of brilliant people who share a passion for the transformative power of data. We provide an attractive pay and benefits package, including:
- Salary range up to £35k pa plus discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days’ paid annual holiday plus eight public holidays
- Pension contributions
- Personalised professional development
- Health and wellbeing support
- Private health insurance with gym and retail discounts
- A modern office environment
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and filtered water
- Flexible working
- Interest-free season ticket travel loans
- Friday team drinks and a friendly ‘family feel’ culture
- A great Tech City office location, just a few minutes’ walk from Old Street station and Whitecross Street food market.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in design and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role, to email@example.com. Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of the closing date that will mean that you have not progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process on this occasion and we wish you every success for the future.
Closing date for applications is 21st September 2019.
Note: Basic Disclosure Check and References required, as part of our recruitment process.