Junior Developer – Full stack
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Closing Date: 02.12.19
Only full applications with a CV and accompanying cover letter will be considered.
(£25,000 – £35,000 depending on experience, plus benefits and discretionary bonus)
Role overview (click here to find out more about Profusion and staff benefits):
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team as a Junior Developer working across the commercial business. This role is central to the organisation, driving delivery of our growth objectives and enabling the smooth running of the Company. Reporting to the Head of Product & Development, you will instrumental part of the delivery of projects to our clients.
The Developer will work mainly on external projects with different clients from the finance and retail sectors.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
This is a team-based role, where the project work is varied and shared amongst other developers so you will not just be focused on one part of the process, so being able to see the big picture and work collaboratively is critical.
- Collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
- Lead the entire web development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking for a candidate with 2 or 3+ years of experience in Web Development, who has attained a graduate degree in computing, or relevant industry experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of Laravel
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- Experience on Adobe campaign through SOAP based API not necessary but can be a big plus
Personal skills and competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a calm and effective way
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to support client meetings
- Client focused, with the ability to interpret and understand client needs and deliver results
- A proactive approach and the ability to be self-managing and innovative.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in data engineering and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Closing date for applications is 2nd December 2019)
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.