IT Support Analyst
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Closing Date: 09/02/2020
Only full applications with a CV and accompanying cover letter will be considered.
Salary: £23,000 – £30,000 depending on experience, plus benefits and discretionary bonus
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science. Our partnerships with universities and leading organisations enable us to bring the best academic thinking into the solutions we offer our clients.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our growing team as an IT Support Analyst. You will support the Head of IT and the wider IT team in their role of developing and maintaining the desktops, servers & network systems throughout the organisation. The role will involve working in a small IT team providing day to day IT support, responding to software and hardware queries via our IT ticketing system. You will be expected to work effectively and with a high level of customer service to internal colleagues and remote workers. This job will suit an applicant with a broad skill set, attention to detail and a hunger to learn.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
This is a crucial role to support our workforce and ensure that our IT systems are working at an optimal level. As IT helpdesk support you will be the first point of contact for local and remote team employees and undertake the following responsibilities:
• Recording requests on the internal ticketing system and responding appropriately.
• Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles, ensuring that they know how to log in and dealing with password issues and inducting new users, as part of the onboarding process.
• Offering support for Microsoft Office bundle, Microsoft Teams and Office 365 platform.
• Installing and configuring Windows and Mac computer systems, network equipment, printers and scanners.
• Diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems either on the phone, using remote support software or face to face.
• Ensuring security updates are applied.
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
• Maintaining records of software licenses.
• Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies.
• Updating company knowledge base documents describing common issues to enable people to troubleshoot their issues themselves.
• Identify internal training requirements.
• Troubleshooting internet email delivery issues and working with service providers.
• Any other ad hoc duties the role may reasonably require.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in 1st line IT support and systems administration, who has ideally attained a graduate degree in computing, or relevant industry experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• A thorough understanding of computer systems and software, particularly, Microsoft Windows 8 and 10, MS Office 2013 and Office 365.
• Experience with computer and network hardware
• Full awareness of IT security standards and practice
• Active directory and Windows Server experience will be an asset
• Experience with MAC and Linux systems will be an asset
• A thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, LANs and WANs will be an asset.
• Microsoft Certification: MCSA, MCSE or MCITP Server Administrator will be an asset.
Personal skills and competencies
• Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
• Excellent communication with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• A proactive approach and the ability to be self-managing and innovative.
• Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with internal clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
• Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize your workload
• Good attention to detail.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in IT systems administration and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: email@example.com (Closing date for applications is the 9th February 2020)
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.