Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Closing Date: 09.12.19
Only full applications with a CV and accompanying cover letter will be considered.
(£33,000 – £38,000 depending on experience, plus benefits and discretionary bonus)
Role overview (click here to find out more about Profusion and staff benefits):
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science. Our partnerships with universities and leading organisations enable us to bring the best academic thinking into the solutions we offer our clients.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team as an HR Advisor, working across the commercial business and our Profusion Cares foundation. This role is central to the organisation, driving our growth and enabling the smooth running of the Company. Reporting to the Director of Internal Operations, you will manage and drive the people agenda and oversee the smooth running of the office.
You will play a crucial role in supporting the Director of Internal Operations to build, scale and deliver the next phase of the organisation’s growth. You will support the Director of Internal Operations to deliver all human resources elements of the organisation including; recruitment, policy, employee engagement, and remuneration. You will build a high performing team and help to shape and develop induction, learning and development and organisational culture.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
You will run day-to-day operations of HR ensuring all policies and procedures are in place to support the team, payroll is managed, JDs are scoped and up-to-date, contracts are in place and there is a strong programme of employee engagement.
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company, working with the team to recruit and retain a diverse, high performing team. Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, JDs, set up interviews, provide briefs to teams and candidates, provide timely feedback and join interviews where necessary.
- Ensure all potential hires have a positive experience in the recruitment process and onboarding process (including pre employment checks through our online partner) and building the company brand as an employer of choice.
- Track and measure data on applications and successful appointment, to enable future decisions to ensure effective and value for money campaigns.
- Build, deliver and measure an appropriate employee engagement and recognition plan which supports the company’s ethos and values.
- Support the overall development of talent with the organisation, for example through learning and development and mentoring offerings.
- Support the delivery of a robust performance management offer, including training and support for reviewers and reviewees.
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are developed, up-to-date and legally compliant.
- Become the super user of our online HR system, ensuring holiday and absence are logged and managed correctly.
- Provide day-to-day advice to line managers on human resources matters: management of staff, payroll, remuneration, maternity and paternity leave cases, performance and grievance issues, appraisals and probation.
- Have oversight of the office, working with the Director of Internal Operations and PA to the CEO on office management, to ensure its smooth running.
- Provide information and reports on staff data as required.
- Be prepared to undertake HR administration and housekeeping tasks as required.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company’s overall aim of preparing young people for the world of work.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will combine a strong experience as an HR generalist with a real passion for change and developing a strong people culture, where HR is really valued and trusted in the organisation. You will have great interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a proactive and can-do attitude and a desire to really make a difference in your role.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record of recruiting diverse and high performing teams.
- Previous experience of designing and implementing HR policies and process across an organisation and coaching others through the implementation of these.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common-sense approach.
- Experience of supporting or leading on L&D and employee engagement is desirable.
- Proven track record of strong stakeholder management, with ability to quickly establish credibility and build strong working relationships within the company, with candidates and with recruiters.
- Strong HR generalist across all disciplines.
- Experience of working in busy and fast-moving start-up or SME environment would be desirable.
- CIPD qualification up to Level 5 or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
Personal skills and competencies
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and focused on the end results and quality of output.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships. Ability to quickly build trust and understanding within the business to deliver results for the company.
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills, confident working with, influencing and leading individuals at all levels, able to handle complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence and explain detailed information to staff in a straightforward way.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in a fast-paced, high profile environment, deal with ambiguity and takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the talent within it.
- Displays integrity and is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others.
- Highly organised with impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Results/action-orientated with strong planning skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently and prioritise accordingly.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in HR and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Closing date for applications is the 9th December 2019).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.