Partnership Sales Manager
Location: Central London with some opportunity for remote working. Some travel to partners typically in London/SE.
We are a growing data, AI and marketing services company based in London (Old Street), Dubai, India and with team members spread across the globe. Our services range from email marketing to predictive modelling to business intelligence, ultimately supporting our clients to drive their businesses forward as efficiently and effectively as possible by using data to optimise operations and maximise customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
We partner with leading brands like Adobe and Sisense and academic partners including the University of Essex to support our go to market strategy. We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team as Partnership Sales Manager to further develop and shape this work and we want to find a dynamic relationship focused sales manager who can maximise existing and new partnerships for our products and services. You will own the relationships and contracting process for key partners and create the go to market strategy with each partner to maximise sales opportunities, and strengthen partner relationships by creating mutual benefit.
You have the responsibility of developing this function across the business and help to define what good looks like in high quality partnership working. You must enjoy start-up environments and be capable of high levels of autonomy and have the ability to prioritise your workload and time to maximum effect.
- Develop the Profusion partnership strategy to map and then build relationships with potential strategic partners who will enable the Company to increase its reach and acquire new clients through partner networks.
- Work across the portfolio of existing Profusion partners to leverage and enhance relationships and up-sell the portfolio of services to acquire new clients through partner networks.
- Building and account managing strong relationships with partners, problem solving and being creative with new opportunities to approach the market together, ensuring you fulfil the potential of partner relationships, bringing new client accounts to Profusion.
- Develop a partner strategy for each partner that delivers engagement with all key stakeholders in the partner, creates networking opportunities, designs and delivers engagement events and ensures clear, relevant and timely communications across the partner network, including joint communications with partners where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively across the business to ensure joint go to market plans on products and services and joined up thinking on routes to market and opportunities to leverage business, and the team are informed and able to support the delivery of these plans. Work closely with communications and marketing colleagues to support our partner relationships.
- Establish yourself as the subject matter expert in the partnerships for which you are responsible for and be the ‘go to’ person for all stakeholders and partners in the space.
- Build the understanding in our organisation and services and products across the network. Ensure that cross sales opportunities are maximised through the Profusion business.
- Identify risks and opportunities from the existing network of partners and escalate accordingly to protect and maximise the business opportunities. Utilise the Managing Director, CEO and Board where of value to enhance partner relationships.
- Accurately record and monitor activity in the Salesforce CRM system and assess impact of the activities and relationships associated with all partnerships under your management.
- Identifying opportunities to pitch for business and submit RFPs and writing high quality proposals for new partnership opportunities and funding.
- Work collaboratively across the business to support development of the commercial strategy.
- Maintain market awareness of emerging technologies that may bring competitive advantage to our clients, or offer a new portfolio of clients and establish relationships at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide briefings and reports for the MD and Board on activity and impact as required.
- Ad-hoc projects to support the commercial function of the business as required.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong track record of sales, ideally in a digital or data environment.
- Background in relationship management/account management – able to build relationships at all levels and sell propositions to organisations.
- Demonstrable ability to develop propositions to connect different initiatives to maximise benefit for the end user.
- Proven track record in presenting and holding relationships at senior levels of organisations and in driving collaboration to create greater impact.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders and projects to time and budget, managing risk and maintaining a high-quality service level.
- Experience of stakeholder facing campaigns is desirable.
- Experience in running RFI / RFP processes highly desirable.
- Experience of organising events is desirable.
- Previous experience in an agile organisation, preferably with some experience of data/AI services/products would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a start-up environment.
- Collaborative and good at building stakeholder relationships both internally and externally at all levels, to achieve one mission.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade a variety of stakeholder and encourage others to use new ways of working, including at senior levels.
- Proven sales manager with exemplary stakeholder and account management skills, that have resulted in sustainable pipeline of revenue.
- Solutions-orientated individual who can mobilise people to deliver results, with strong negotiation skills.
- Analytical, detail-orientated individual who can use data to influence sales pipelines and projects.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload and a large number of stakeholders, identifying and managing risk appropriately.
- Creative thinker with the ability to scope new ideas, challenge others and be challenged to drive innovative and collaborative solutions.
- A demonstrable passion for technology and data, and its application to products and marketing, able to work with external partners and able to communicate complex technical products in a simple and compelling way.
- Pragmatic and adaptable, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a rapidly scaling organisation.
- Highly numerate with a detailed approach to work, with excellent excel skills and analytical ability.
How to apply
If you’re confident you would be a very strong fit for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages outlining why you believe you would be ideal for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 25 May 2019.
At Profusion we encourage and support our people to develop themselves, their ideas and their careers. We offer a high trust culture that provides flexibility, autonomy and a sense of contribution to all members of the Profusion Family. You will have huge potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented and highly-skilled colleagues, and be able to exercise your creative and strategic thinking every day. In addition, this role will work closely with our academic partners, the University of Essex, who bring the best of academic thinking to influence our products and services. We have recently launched our foundation, ‘Profusion Cares’ led by our team to drive purpose and impact with data in the homelessness and food poverty space.
All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
Everyone here has a voice and everyone contributes. We’ve worked hard to build a team of brilliant people who share a passion for the transformative power of data. We provide a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including free health insurance with subsidised gym membership and Friday team drinks, social events and a friendly ‘family feel’ culture – see our values below.
Profusion Family Values
Profusion is a close-knit family that defines itself by its values which cover how we work with each other, our clients and suppliers. The values are listed below and tell you what we will expect from you and what you can expect from us.
We are client focused – we put our clients at the heart of everything we do to provide a highly-responsive, creative and excellent service.
We believe in excellence – everything we do is completed to the highest possible standard. From the expert advice we provide, to the work we deliver, we do not settle for second best, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of excellence.
We are trusted – we are ethical, honest, straightforward and transparent in everything we do and we are proud to be a safe pair of hands.
We are one team – we support, collaborate and have fun with each other and our clients to make Profusion an awesome place to work and progress.
We are cutting-edge – innovation is in our DNA. We always think about innovative solutions to challenges by applying our knowledge of the latest technology and best practice to every situation.
We are purposeful – we are a committed and ambitious company that aspires to constantly contribute to our colleagues, clients and society and not to simply make money.