Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Central London with some opportunity for remote working.
We are a growing data, AI and marketing services company based in London (Old Street), Dubai, India and with team members spread across the globe.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to set up our new Marketing and Communications function working across the business to create and deliver first class marketing collateral, marketing campaigns, impactful communications, events, brand management and an engaging social media strategy. This role will be central to supporting the organisation’s growth, sitting at the heart of the Commercial Team, increasing our brand awareness, and driving sales leads.
This is a great opportunity for a marketer who’s looking to develop and deliver a fully integrated marketing strategy, likes a blend of doing and strategy and can turn their hand to communications as well as marketing. Immediately you will be getting the foundations in place yourself, with the potential for this to grow into a more senior role with more team management responsibilities. You must enjoy start-up environments, be capable of high levels of autonomy and have the ability to prioritise workload and your time to maximum effect – you will be a real self-starter and not afraid to roll up your sleeves!
We offer a high trust culture that provides flexibility, autonomy and a sense of contribution to all members of the Profusion Family. You will have huge potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented and highly-skilled colleagues, and be able to exercise your creative and strategic thinking every day. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
- Develop and manage the marketing plan and budget, establishing goals and objectives for all marketing activity, track results and report on completion with company management on a regular basis.
- Create collateral including sales materials, brochures, digital assets, banners etc. and build on existing assets such as case studies and newsletters.
- Create marketing campaigns to drive inbound sales leads including PPC, SEO and physical campaigns, creating engaging and innovative materials to make us stand out to prospects.
- Support the Sales process with creative design and content for sales decks and presentations and input to pricing strategies.
- Create and deliver go to market strategies for new product or service lines.
- Manage the company’s website, blogs, SEO/SEM programs, and other marketing initiatives.
- Conduct surveys as needed to determine position in the market, determine customer personas to identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share, ensuring we are targeted making a small marketing budget as efficient as possible.
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features), and work with the Commercial team to ensure this is reflected in our go to market approach.
- Ensure our brand message and positioning is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (like events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Develop and execute an engaging social media strategy which also builds our employer brand.
- Stay abreast of current market conditions and trends and incorporate new innovations into company marketing plans. Work with our client teams to showcase best practice in our work that drives client and potential client engagement in our services.
- Events strategy – identify and ensure Profusion are represented at events which put them a stage with their target market, driving inbound leads or brand awareness to attract new talent to the business.
- Manage the delivery of our own client, partner and prospect events with support from the Office Manager and Sales partnership Manager.
- Support appropriate award entries to raise our profile and showcase our culture.
- Support communications to our stakeholders and clients including e-newsletters, Seasonal cards, letters etc.
- In conjunction with our subject matter experts, produce annual reports, impact reports for our Foundation, white papers and research papers to showcase our insights.
- Write and promote a series of press releases with relevant press or trade journals, websites and social media.
- Work with relevant external communications/PR partners and suppliers to support our joint marketing and communications plans promoting our partnership and joint go to market strategy.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Your objective will be to raise our profile with senior decision makers within large brands in the UK, the Middle East region and beyond, producing compelling content and campaigns which enable us to deepen our relationships with clients, prospects and the media. We’re looking for a creative, passionate marketer, with experience across the full marketing mix. You will also have:
- Solid knowledge of web analytics, Google Adwords, SEO, PPC and social.
- Demonstrable track record of creating an actionable go to market strategy and leading marketing campaigns to time and budget which have achieved or exceeded their target KPIs.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and support the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to turn strategy rapidly into delivery.
- Exemplary written copy for a wide range of audiences (this will be tested).
- Experience of developing high quality communications, collateral, presentations and reports tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Strong negotiating skills, with the ability to pitch Profusion and its people into appropriate forums.
- Experience of planning and delivering events.
- Experience of using marketing to effectively drive sales or fundraising leads and ultimately income.
- Creative thinker with the ability to scope new ideas, challenge others and be challenged to drive innovative solutions.
- Analytical, detail-orientated individual who can use data to influence marketing channel strategy, responding rapidly to trends to maximise Profusion’s marketing spend.
- Line management skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals with a coaching style.
- Experience of working in a start-up environment and a pro-active working style, able to move quickly from strategy to delivery.
- A genuine teamplayer who shares our values – see details below.
- Experience within the data science, digital technologies, and or email marketing industry is an advantage.
It’s so important to do a job you love, with colleagues whose skills you respect and whose company you really enjoy. You also need to feel valued, recognised and rewarded. At Profusion we encourage and support our people to develop themselves, their ideas and their careers. Everyone here has a voice and everyone contributes. We’ve worked hard to build a team of brilliant people who share a passion for the transformative power of data. We provide a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including:
- Salary range £50-£55k, depending on experience
- Discretionary bonuses and on the spot WOW Awards
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Personalised Professional Development
- Opportunities for volunteering and charitable work
- A brand new modern office environment
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and filtered water
- Pension contributions and financial advice
- Interest free season ticket travel loans
- Flexible working and wellbeing events
- Free health insurance and health cash plan with subsidised gym membership
- Friday team drinks, social events and a friendly ‘family feel’ culture
- A great Tech City office location, just 4 mins walk from Old Street Station.
How to apply
If you’re confident you would be a very strong fit for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages outlining why you believe you would be ideal for the role, to email@example.com. The closing date is 26 May 2019.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we normally receive it is not possible to answer everyone in person. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, then please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Profusion Family Values
Profusion is a close-knit family that defines itself by its values which cover how we work with each other, our clients and suppliers. The values are listed below and tell you what we will expect from you and what you can expect from us.
We are client focused – we put our clients at the heart of everything we do to provide a highly-responsive, creative and excellent service.
We believe in excellence – everything we do is completed to the highest possible standard. From the expert advice we provide, to the work we deliver, we do not settle for second best, we are uncompromising in our pursuit of excellence.
We are trusted – we are ethical, honest, straightforward and transparent in everything we do and we are proud to be a safe pair of hands.
We are one team – we support, collaborate and have fun with each other and our clients to make Profusion an awesome place to work and progress.
We are cutting-edge – innovation is in our DNA. We always think about innovative solutions to challenges by applying our knowledge of the latest technology and best practice to every situation.
We are purposeful – we are a committed and ambitious company that aspires to constantly contribute to our colleagues, clients and society and not to simply make money.