Senior Email Developer
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Closing Date: 23/02/2020
Only full applications with a CV and accompanying cover letter will be considered.
Salary: Competitive basic, plus benefits and discretionary bonus
We are currently looking for an outstanding Snr Email Developer to join our team. If you are successful you will have the opportunity to work with blue-chip clients on innovative data driven marketing solutions. Many of our clients are embarking on game-changing digital and data transformation projects that will fundamentally change how they operate. You will be in a pivotal position to help our clients and Profusion undertake these cutting-edge projects that have industry-wide impact.
The Email Developer’s role is to support our clients and internal teams with the development of high-quality email template builds, where a high-level understanding of HTML/CSS is a strong requirement. The Senior Email Developer takes this role to the next level with advanced understanding of email coding practices and additional responsibilities across the Agency which are detailed below.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
- Send live proofs of HTML emails
- Write scripts for Adobe Campaign to produce dynamic content variants in email
- Apply personalisation and personalisation blocks
- Development support with Adobe Campaign Web Apps for landing pages
Email templates builds
- Build responsive HTML email templates from PSD assets provided
- Optimisation for high quality finish and customer experience
- Deliver interactivity using HTML/CSS for HTML email
- Real time content set-up from supplier solutions (images, URL redirects).
- Image preparation (resizing, cropping)
- PDF preview captures of templates for client approvals
- Flow in HTML amends as requested by client
Landing page builds
- Front-end support for development team to host on external servers where required
- Test and host on Adobe Campaign WebApps where required
- Seek out latest trends and techniques in email and landing page development
- Share knowledge and understanding of email techniques with Campaign Managers, Consultants
- Work with Campaign Managers to share innovations with clients
- Internal projects to produce technical solutions that improve ways of working and introduce efficiencies
- Work together with the Email Development team to solve issues and identify new innovations for investigation
- Work with clients and third-party designers to advise on technical solutions to their briefs
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to briefs
Quality assurance and rendering
- Ensure proper rendering of email template and landing page builds as per the Profusion test list
- Ensure built products match initial PSDs and briefs
- Advise on acquisition of hardware & software QA tools and advise with the maintenance of the Profusion device and browsers test list
- Champion the importance of QA by assisting the QA Specialist with research, primary & secondary reporting and routine device & account maintenance.
- Assist with the scheduled reviews of QA tool resource
- Partner the QA Specialist to deliver a best practice QA approach to ensure that this is at the heart of solution delivery.
- Work with Profusion India to ensure their templates match Profusion’s high standards for builds
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Knowledge & experience
- Demonstrable evidence of the core responsibilities
- Ability to take ownership for embodiment & adoption of best practice approaches within Solution Delivery and for ensuring standards are up to date and enforced by all email developers
- Has prior experience in working in a cross-team environment which encourages collaboration to bring consistency of process and procedure
- Has experience of taking a leading role when upskilling and developing email developers to broaden the range of skills available both in email and web development
- Can translate technical language to make complex subjects accessible
- Proven at delivering new technologies and innovative approaches from research through to implementation
- Experienced in leading on R&D projects with a drive to increase Profusion’s email capabilities and exploring new solutions we can productise and provide to our clients.
- Can evidence competence in the management of third parties who support Profusion’s email offering, including managing ways of working, supporting issue resolution, billing and general management of the relationships
- AMP framework knowledge desirable
- Adobe Campaign Business Practitioner Certificate is desirable, but not essential.
Personal skills and competencies
- Embodies the role of a trusted advisor both internally and externally.
- Constantly strives to deliver excellence.
- Displays an enquiring outlook when scrutinising processes and policies with a view to proposing innovative solutions.
- Manages personalities without ego.
- Persuasive & confident in their approach to delivery.
- Adopts a mentoring approach with colleagues.
- Encourages sharing of best practice and a supporting culture.
- Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise multiple projects and clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Client focused, with the ability to interpret and understand client needs and deliver results.
- Enthusiastic about making a real contribution to the business and capitalising on the huge opportunities which currently exist in the digital space.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in email development and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: email@example.com (Closing date for applications is 23rd February 2020).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.