Data Strategy Director
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Salary: £70,000 – £75,000 plus benefits and discretionary bonus
To apply: Send your CV to email@example.com. Please note only applications with full CVs and covering letters (2 sides of A4 maximum) will be considered.
Profusion is a leading customer and business analytics agency, who work with companies large and small to monetise their data. We specialise in data strategy, predictive modelling and email marketing, and provide a full suite of services for our clients ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. Our partnerships with universities ensure we bring the latest academic thinking into the commercial world and allows our team to work with and learn from specialist professors in their day-to-day roles. We also have a charitable foundation – Profusion Cares – which uses data to make a positive impact on society.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Data Strategy Director to work directly with our clients, reporting to our Chief Strategy Officer. If you are successful, you will have the opportunity to work with blue-chip clients on cutting-edge data science projects and data-powered marketing campaigns. Many of our clients are embarking on major digital and data transformation projects that will fundamentally change how they operate. You will be brainstorming with the team and our clients, advising our clients on the best way to achieve their outcomes, and challenging and supporting the Profusion team to make these happen. You will have a key role in supporting our Account Management and Commercial teams to understand the opportunities data science solutions can offer to tackle the challenges our clients are facing.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in customer data and in helping clients with their most critical strategic business initiatives, and data science-led business solutions. They will have experience in corralling a team of technical experts to discover and understand opportunities with clients’ data and present learnings back to stakeholders to create actionable insights. They will enjoy running strategy workshops, attending sales pitches and client sessions to provide expert input.
As a small but growing business in the heart of Old Street, there is a considerable amount of opportunity to take accountability and grow in the role. You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues and our university partners. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of clients from blue-chip companies like HSBC, the Kingfisher Group and Coty to smaller growing organisations like Boiler Room. Everyone in our team has the opportunity to get involved in our exciting pro bono work through Profusion Cares. This work aims to break data silos in the 3rd sector to tackle some of society’s most pressing challenges.
As a Data Strategy Director, you will:
- Advise our clients on how Data Science can improve their business.
- Build new data strategies for our clients, and work with our data scientists, engineers, data visualisers and the client to implement, review and refresh these strategies.
- Build and sustain long-lasting relationships with key client stakeholders, and our partners.
- Own and lead business pitches and proposals, creating the solution and project scope whilst setting client expectations.
- Work with our team of data scientists, engineers, data visualisers and our developers to design and deliver complex projects to our clients.
- Review the development of software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences.
- Design research plans for data gathering and analysis.
- Work with our Head of Product to design and deliver new products for our clients.
- Stay on top of the latest relevant data science trends to share with clients and the Profusion team.
- Up-skill our Account and New Business teams in the latest trends and opportunities to use data to solve our client’s data challenges and support their professional growth.
- As the organisation grows, be able to manage a small team of consultants to support our clients’ strategies.
- Any other ad hoc duties and responsibilities the role may require.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will combine strong business acumen with solid analytical skills. Problem-solving will be a key focus of the role. You will have a background in a data science or data consultancy, ideally within consulting, media agencies or ad tech companies and be passionate about improving organisations by harnessing the power of data.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong experience in delivering data and analytics initiatives.
- Experience in a similar consulting or strategy role.
- Experience in facilitating client workshops and pitch meetings is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of data and analytics tools and techniques to be productive in high-level analysis tasks – specifically Python and R would be useful.
- Understanding of mathematics and statistical methods to efficiently interact with senior business stakeholders, quantitative analysts and data scientists.
- Demonstrable hands-on technical experience with one or more of the following:
- Data management and governance frameworks used in the industry.
- Data modelling techniques and tools.
- Data science and machine learning techniques and frameworks.
- Cloud and big data technologies and initiatives.
- Experience in managing teams is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills contributing to a deep understanding of data science and big data to build credibility with internal teams and external clients.
- A demonstrable core strategic consulting skillset – you are solution-led, with the ability to act in a trusted advisor capacity and the ability to build strong relationships and rapport with clients to deliver concrete results.
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills: you are able to explain very complex problems simply and effectively to those who are not experts in the subject.
- Strong commercial acumen: you have the ability to spot and develop commercial opportunities.
- A lateral thinker, able to juggle multiple projects, bids and team responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- An eye for detail and the big picture.
- Confident presenting to clients and senior stakeholders.
- Coaching and leadership skills are an advantage.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in data strategy and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than two sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Closing date for applications is the 15th December
• Stage 1 Interviews will be w/c 18th and 19th of December, 2019.
Note: Basic Disclosure Check and References required, as part of our recruitment process.