Data Analyst (Graduate or 1-2 years’ experience)
Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Closing Date: 24.01.20
Only full applications with a CV and accompanying cover letter will be considered.
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 depending on experience, plus benefits and discretionary bonus
We are currently looking for an outstanding Data Analyst that has recently graduated or has a 1 – 2 years commercial experience, to join our growing analytics and data science team. If you are successful you will have the opportunity to work with blue-chip clients on cutting-edge data science and innovative data driven marketing solutions. Many of our clients are embarking on game-changing digital and data transformation projects that will fundamentally change how they operate. You will be in a pivotal position to help our clients and Profusion undertake these cutting-edge projects that have industry-wide impact.
We are looking for individuals who are highly curious about discovering patterns and meaning in data from businesses and organisations. As a data analyst, you will be analysing large quantities of data, helping both our clients and Profusion to visualise hidden insights – which are then used to deliver campaigns through email, mobile, social and location marketing platforms. The role reports into the Head of Data Science.
The data analyst should have experience in statistical analysis and machine learning and likely holds an MSc or PhD in maths, statistics, computer science or related field. As a growing multinational company, we also value language skills. The role is based in our Central London office with some opportunity for remote working and occasional travel to clients’ office in UK and Europe.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
The key responsibilities of a data analyst are to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data from a varied number of sources. Additionally, help us find better insights for our clients so they can make smarter decisions. The candidate’s primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our service offering. The candidate will need to work closely with our clients to identify issues and use data to propose solutions. Building programmatic solutions that are replicable and clear to follow which will enhance the team’s productivity and results.
- Writing SQL queries to get the relevant data
- Using R or Python to analyse the data pulled
- Using Sisense to visualise data insights
- Occasionally using Excel for some quick data analysis
- Explaining to non-technical stakeholders the outcomes of the data analysis
- Cleaning, exploring and aiding in the data analysis for ad-hoc projects.
- Analysing, summarising and drawing insights from data in order to deliver BAU reports
- Automating recurring data analysis reports
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
We are looking for a candidate that has recently graduated with or with 1+ years of experience in a Data Analytics role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Biology or another quantitative field, or relevant industry experience.
- Highly curious
- Interest in solving business problems using data
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Understanding of statistics
- Good communication skills
- Solid experience with R or Python
- Solid experience with SQL
- Solid experience with data visualisation
- Strong understanding of statistics
- Strong understanding of machine learning
- Curious to learn Spark, AWS and more data science
Personal skills and competencies
- Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a calm and effective way
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to support client meetings
- Client focused, with the ability to interpret and understand client needs and deliver results
- The ability to understand the wider company operations, goals and objectives and where data engineering can add value
- A proactive approach and the ability to be self-managing and innovative.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in data science and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Closing date for applications is 24th January 2020).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.