Location: Telephone House, 69-77 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NW
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000, plus benefits and discretionary bonus
Role overview (click here to find out more about Profusion and staff benefits):
Profusion is a leading provider of data and marketing services, ranging from consultancy advice, through to the creation and execution of innovation projects and marketing campaigns. We specialise in helping retailers, FMCGs, SMEs and financial services business to grow using the power of data science. Our partnerships with universities and leading organisations enable us to bring the best academic thinking into the solutions we offer our clients.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our team as a Business Manager working across the commercial business and foundation. This role is central to the organisation, driving delivery of our growth objectives and enabling the smooth running of the Company. Reporting to the CEO, you will manage and drive the delivery of the company’s commercial and philanthropic activities, provide the reporting and assurance framework to business and meet the governance needs of the organisation.
You will contribute to the long-term success of the company, organising and prioritising critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision making by the Senior Leadership Team and Company Board. You will be a problem solver, owning key projects and rapidly resolving challenges in delivery. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in both commercial and charity work, and is the perfect role for someone looking to be developed into a senior leader. You must enjoy start-up environments, be capable of high levels of autonomy and have the ability to prioritise workload and your time to maximum effect.
You will have good potential for personal and career development, learn from and share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with a pioneering, fast-growing company situated at the heart of London’s Tech City.
You will be working with the CEO to drive forward the foundation and our commercial arm, by managing cross-departmental dependencies, programme planning, budgets, internal and external stakeholder engagement, providing progress and impact reporting and delivering ad hoc projects as the role requires.
- Own projects and relationships with key stakeholders and partners to support our Commercial Business, Foundation and Innovation divisions. Including representing the CEO at internal and external meetings.
- Working across the organisation, identify and investigate issues which hinder company growth, making recommendations for action and bringing these to the attention of the CEO and Senior Leadership team. Ensuring these issues are resolved by the relevant team(s) and followed up to confirm completion.
- Write the business plan across the departments, ensuring interdependencies and cross company working are captured, across commercial, the foundation and other key departments where there are dependencies, for example our creative and marketing teams and our client delivery teams.
- Take ownership of risk management across the organisation, making sure mitigation measures are adequate and followed up to reduce risks to the company.
- Build the project plans for each project of the functions, for example new products being created, or new propositions being developed. Manage the broader team to deliver against the plan, on time and to budget.
- Manage the JIRA board for the commercial function of the business, providing oversight of delivery to the CEO.
- Create prospectuses, stakeholder presentations, briefings, MOUs and other key materials for external stakeholders, ensuring the creation of engaging content and materials.
- Provide briefings and reports for the CEO and board on activity and impact as required.
- Oversee the governance of the foundation by ensuring its Board and Steering Group function to provide strong oversight and direction.
- Support and coach the Champions in key elements of delivery to support the foundation for example work experience, volunteering and fundraising.
- Build, streamline and maintain reporting across the functions (sales reporting, dashboards, impact reporting on the foundation and risk and issues log). Ensure everything feeds into higher level business and board reporting, flag issues and potential solutions early to the Managing Director.
- Plan and organise external and internal events as and when required.
- Ensure that data and MI is accurately recorded in the Salesforce system, to ensure the accuracy of reporting and data and enabling the sales process and company growth.
- Deliver cross-cutting and ad-hoc projects to support the company’s portfolio as the post requires.
Personal Specification: Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will combine a strong business acumen with solid analytical skills. Problem solving will be a key focus of the role and you will have a background of working in a data science, analytics, data consultancy or engineering company and be passionate about improving organisations by harnessing the power of data.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record of acting in a business management role, collating and managing management information to enable decision making.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with and influencing senior management teams and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable track record of managing and leading complex projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders to time and budget.
- A strong understanding of operations and driving operational efficiency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of analysing/documenting complex business processes and translating those into business requirements.
- Experience of developing high quality communications, presentations and reports tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of working in a start-up environment.
- Experience in data analysis, predictive modelling and performance analysis would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in an agile organisation with an understanding of how to act as a scrum master would be an advantage.
- Experience of working with employee volunteers or philanthropy programmes would be an advantage.
- Experience of bid writing is preferred.
- Highly organised with impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Results/action-orientated with strong planning, project and budget management skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments and support the CEO and Senior Leadership Team to turn strategy rapidly into delivery.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, with a proven track record of engaging senior individuals both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and persuade at the highest levels.
- Exemplary written copy for a wide range of audiences (this will be tested).
- Versatile and resilient, comfortable with complexity, uncertainty and ambiguity. Ability to deliver at pace and to consistent quality.
- Solutions-orientated individual who can mobilise people to deliver results, with strong negotiation skills.
- Analytical, detail-orientated individual who can use data to influence sales pipelines and projects.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload and a large number of stakeholders, identifying and managing risk appropriately.
- Creative thinker with the ability to scope new ideas, challenge others and be challenged to drive innovative and collaborative solutions.
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in data engineering and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Closing date for applications is 12th November 2019).
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.